Nowadays, enterprises of all sizes, from knee-high startups to giant industry players, are striving to secure the top spot in search results and occupy as much digital space as possible. However, in a market overwhelmed with products and services catering to every taste and color, internet expansion is impossible without a basic understanding of SEO and digital marketing tools.
Search engines have become the holy grail for modern businesses. It’s widely known that securing a place on Google’s first page leads to more clients, increased engagement rates, higher revenue, and consistent business growth. Online visibility also opens doors to endless opportunities for brand reputation, shaping how a business is perceived in the market. However, achieving a spot in the top 10 is a challenging and quite tricky task that demands continuous research, unique content, and a skilled team of seasoned professionals.
Are you tired of endless struggles to create another piece-of-art content without visible progress? No need to worry! We’re here to introduce you to the topic of submission sites. How do they work? How can they help? And where do you begin?
Get ready to find out – let’s start learning!
Understanding the Concept of SEO
So, what exactly do we know about the link between SEO and submission sites? Let’s break it down step by step.
SEO, short for Search Engine Optimization, stands for a process and a set of techniques aimed at improving a website’s visibility. The primary goal of SEO is to attract natural traffic, that comes from diverse channels such as news, images, videos, and other search types.
SEO plays a main part in internet marketing strategy, involving different elements that influence search mechanisms. It delves deeply into the specific patterns of human behavior and identifies popular keywords among clients and potential buyers. Additionally, SEO studies the algorithms governing search engines’ nature and the core principles guiding their operations.
By studying SEO and applying its tools to your content or products, you may optimize your web resources to the requirements of searching mechanisms. That can boost online visibility, attract more buyers, and introduce your products or services to a broader client base.
What are Submission Sites?
Submission sites are platforms where you can showcase your website URL or place content. This process, commonly referred to as guest blogging, involves creating and submitting content on websites that are relevant to your industry or niche. Submission sites can be classified into various categories according to their purpose, structure, and other features. We’ll discuss some most common types of submission sites:
- General: These sites, as is clear from the name, cover a diverse range of topics and categories. General directories are ideal for websites without a specific niche, or for those with such a narrow one that finding suitable platforms is challenging.
- Niche: Niche submission sites are focused on a single category, covering, for example, the medicine industry or software development. The key benefit of these directories is their targeted audience. They attract people specifically interested in services and products similar to what you offer.
- Blog: Blog directories are a perfect way to promote your brand or individual-centered content. These platforms allow bloggers, content creators, and other artists to showcase their works. Examples include BlogCatalog and AllTop.
- Business: Again, the name speaks for itself – business directories list various businesses, helping users to find specific services or products. One of the internet rules says that if you can think of something, it probably exists. So, if you find yourself needing a piece of bee wax jewelry – be sure to spot the right product in business directories.
- E-commerce: These sites focus on listing online stores and e-commerce websites, making them valuable for businesses engaged in online product sales. One of the great examples is a Web’s Shopping Directory.
- Local: Last but certainly not least, we have local directories, designed for businesses operating in specific geographic areas. These directories play a crucial role in local SEO strategies and help businesses connect with customers searching for services “near me.”
The Connection Between SEO and Submission Sites
Wonder why posting your content elsewhere is so important? Here is the simple answer: trust. The more links your site has from other sources, the more search engines trust your platform. It’s similar to real-life networking: the more people who know you, the more opportunities you have.
And again, just like in real life, choosing a reputable resource boosts your reputation. When submitting your site to directories, be careful. Check the directory’s quality and relevance. Focus on well-established directories related to your niche. When a reputable website links to your content, search engines view it as a thumbs-up for your site. It’s like receiving a good recommendation from a respected colleague in the business community. Quality backlinks from these platforms can enhance your website’s search engine rankings, making it easier for people to find your site.
Tips on How to Boost Online Visibility Using Submission Sites
If you are truly committed to incorporating guest blogging into your digital marketing strategy, you better do it right! Here are 5 useful tips on how you can boost online visibility through submission sites:
1) Choose Highly-Visible Platforms
Everybody can agree, that there is a huge gap between your post being shared by Elon Musk and user12345, and the same goes for guest blogging. To capture a larger audience’s attention, seek out well-known websites. You can use tools that display monthly visitor statistics or simply search for such sites on the internet.
2) Quality over quantity
Don’t spread yourself too thin. Instead of posting on numerous low-quality platforms, focus on discovering a reputable and respected source known for its reliable information. Ensure the chosen hosting site is well-designed and caters to the audience’s requirements. Pay attention to factors like loading time, quality content, and the most important – mobile-first web design, as more than half of users now prefer accessing information via mobile phones.
3) Create Unique Content
Good content is vital, and there are countless resources online to help you learn how to write. We simplify those resources into key insights:
- Create a captivating and catchy title: Users decide “to read or not to read” within seconds, so don’t lose your opportunity.
- Choose relevant topics: Focus on subjects that address the audience’s interests or needs.
- Keep it simple: Present your content clearly and simply, making it accessible to a wide range of readers.
- Be informative: Offer valuable information, insights, and most importantly – solutions.
- Know your audience: Are your readers scholars, mechanics, or students? Find your target audience and create content that speaks directly to their needs.
4) Respect the guidelines of your host blog
Always remember that as a guest, you should be mindful that each blog has its unique rules concerning length, formatting, and other aspects. For quality collaboration, it’s crucial to ensure your post complies with these guidelines.
5) Remember About SEO
Searching for the tips to capture the search engine’s attention? Here are a few:
- Create articles with proper grammar and clear structure.
- Stick to topics within your expertise.
- Use appropriate and relevant words.
- Research keywords and seamlessly integrate them into your text.
- Avoid excessive spamming; limit your links to 2-3 per post.
Mastering SEO is a complex and multifaceted task, but with the right motivation and a meaningful approach, it can be tackled by anyone! What secrets of SEO do you know? Share in the comments and tell us about your own experience!