As compared to the old and conventional inverter batteries, lithium ion batteries are new and innovative. This is why many people are not aware about lithium ion battery, benefits, properties, mechanism, etc. Here is everything you might need to know about lithium-ion batteries:
What is a Lithium-ion Battery?
A battery that uses ions of lithium for storing energy is called a lithium ion battery. Lithium ion batteries are a new segment in the market. One of the prominent features of these batteries is the compact and elegant design of the battery.
Lithium ion batteries can store an enormous amount of energy and have a higher energy density.
Why Should one Choose a Lithium ion Battery?
Lithium ion battery is considered the best option due to its various unparalleled advantages. Here are several benefits:
- Lithium ion batteries are highly durable and efficient as they can resist high temperatures.
- These batteries have a high energy density.
- Due to the low self-discharge rate and low voltage drop, lithium ion batteries have a longer lifespan.
- You do not have to worry about storage space. As they come with a compact and elegant design, they occupy very less space.
- They require low maintenance as no topping up is required. Also, the battery has a faster charging rate so you do not have to frequently charge or discharge the batteries.
- Lithium ion batteries are extremely safe as there is no spillage risk or emission of toxic fumes. This feature makes them a safe option for homes with small children and pets.
- These batteries are also eco-friendly and cause no pollution to the environment. Lithium batteries are easy to recycle due to which no extra efforts are required for their disposal.
How to Maintain and Charge a Battery?
Lithium-ion batteries need to be charged and discharged properly, especially when they’re new. The first thing you need to learn is how to charge the battery correctly. This is different for every battery, but it’s always important. Overcharging lithium-ion batteries can harm them. Charging them too frequently can damage the battery as well, so they should be charged only when they’re completely drained. Lithium ion batteries do not require high maintenance, hence you need to charge them frequently.
Due to the faster charging rate and longer backup time, these batteries can be used for long and frequent power cuts.
Best Lithium-ion Battery Inverter
Luminous offers Li-On 1250 inverter which has an inbuilt lithium ion battery. It is a sine wave inverter that results in the production of a smooth and noiseless output. The inverter battery supports 3X faster charging and has a 3X longer life. This saves you money in the long run and makes it a cost-effective option.
The inverter also comes with an advanced LCD display that helps you track information such as battery percentage status, charging time, backup time, and fault detection. Additionally, an intelligent Battery Management System (BMS) is present which ensures efficient performance of the battery.
Sometimes, inverters cause a delay in switching the modes which can harm the sensitive appliances. However, lithium ion batteries offer a smooth switching, making them safe to use for these appliances.
To wrap it up, lithium-ion batteries are lightweight, durable, and safe, making them ideal for your inverter. These benefits have made lithium-ion batteries one of the most important developments in modern electronics. So, you can undoubtedly invest in a lithium ion battery inverter to benefit in the long run.