If you work inside of an office, you understand how important cleanliness is. A clean and clutter-free office can directly contribute to increased efficiency. The truth is, when we surround ourselves with clutter, our minds have trouble focusing on the tasks at hand. Whether you work in a massive office or you work from home, making sure that you take care of your workspace is of the utmost importance. Today, we are going to be outlining the best tools to have when it comes time to clean your office. We’ll go through ten tools that can lead you to a cleaner, more efficient workspace. Are you ready to begin?
Essential Tools for Office Cleaning
Nobody ever made the claim that cleaning was going to be fun. Still, when your office becomes a cluttered mess, you need to take the time necessary to remedy the situation. A dirty office can negatively impact your mental health as well as your efficiency while at work. If you have to wipe away dust or throw away trash regularly, you owe it to yourself to begin the deep cleaning process that is required in order to reclaim your tidiness. While cleaning isn’t fun, having the right tools by your side can lead to a relatively painless process. Let’s outline ten key tools for cleaning your office.
1) Disinfectant Wipes – If you are going to be cleaning your office, you had better focus on disinfecting, as well. Disinfecting wipes are a necessity when it comes to quickly and effectively cleaning your computer area. From your computer desk to your keyboard and mouse, germs can be found just about everywhere. With a package of quality wipes, you can give yourself a clean area to work in.
2) Vacuum Cleaner W/ Hose – A vacuum cleaner is obviously going to be a necessity. Opt for a vacuum cleaner that has a hose attachment so that you can reach behind your desk. There are plenty of hard-to-reach areas in an office that can be problematic to address without a hose attachment. Make sure that you have your vacuum set to the right height for your flooring. You’ll be stunned by how much grime can accumulate around your workspace.
3) Feather Duster – Dust can be a problem in more ways than one! Flat surfaces, like your desk or computer screen, can become a haven for dirt and dust, especially if you have darker decor. A feather duster is perfect for around the office thanks to the light touch that it offers. A good feather duster should last a long time before you need to have it replaced. Additionally, feather dusters are light enough to effectively use around your computer without concerns for breaking anything.
4) Air Freshener – For a home office, nothing beats a great candle when you want to freshen up your workspace. If you are in a shared workspace, consider getting a plug-and-play air freshener that works on a timer. You can also consider purchasing plug-in air fresheners that slowly melt wax over time. In any event, an air freshener can be a great way to top off your cleaning regiment.
5) Microfiber Towels – Microfiber towels are an absolute necessity in any cleaning environment. Microfiber towels attract dirt and dust like some kind of magnet. The contoured textures will allow you to work around pretty much any kind of surface. Microfiber works as good on wood as it does on tile flooring. So long as you keep these towels clean, you’ll be able to use them for a long time.
6) Swiffer Sweeper – When you get done dusting with your feather duster, trade out tools for your Swiffer Sweeper. Swiffer is a name-brand dust and dirt fighter. This push-broom duster allows you to work on carpet, tile, stone, and wood. You’ll also be able to get wet wipe attachments in order to really scrub away dirt and grime that has accumulated in your workspace. The Swiffer is a great tool for getting rid of dust, dirt, and other accumulation.
7) Computer Screen Cleaner – Don’t use just any cleaner in order to freshen up your computer monitors. Make sure that you purchase cleaning wipes that are specifically tailored for computer screens. Computer screen cleaners can help freshen up your workspace while clearing up your vision. You will be shocked by how much clearer your screen looks after you have cleaned it.
8) Glass Cleaner – While we have largely been focused on your desk, you also need to clean the rest of the office! High-quality glass cleaning fluids are a requirement if you want to make sure that your windows sparkle when you are done cleaning. You will also be able to use this glass cleaner on tables and other glass surfaces throughout your office. In fact, for offices that need a furniture upgrade, finding the best glass office furniture Melbourne has to offer can be a great decision. Glass-based furniture looks great and it can last for a long while.
9) Stain Remover – In the unfortunate event of a spill, you’re going to want to negate any potential stains. Stain removing wipes are great for quickly getting rid of a stain. You can also find a stain remover that is designed specifically for carpeted surfaces. Most stain removers require you to let the chemical soak into the stain for a prolonged period of time. Hold off on your stain remover unless you know that nobody will be walking in your area.
10) Empty Trash Cans – Finally, you are going to want to put a few trash cans around the office. You’ll be shocked by how much easier it is to keep your workspace clean when you have trash cans in the area. A couple of medium-sized trash cans can make a huge difference, so don’t forget to put them in your office. Consider using scented garbage can liners in order to offset any potential odor issues.
Cleaning isn’t very fun, but it is absolutely necessary. If you want to step up your office cleaning ability, you have come to the right place. Pick up the ten tools that we listed above and you’ll be on the way to making your office shine once again.