Communication is the bridleway to personal growth and career success. It is not merely a transmission of information; it is two-way communication between the sender and the receiver. Communication effortlessly would be imparting of information through various mediums. For instance, verbal and non-verbal
It’s the bustling world where communication is reachable at every corner of the world, we depend heavily on exchanging messages and having great communication, and on contrary, to miscommunication, and it leaves a negative impact on both the sender and the receiver. Communication is a ‘must-have’ skill that every individual should master over it. According to 2016, a survey report conducted by LinkedIn, US bags the list of communication skills among employers.
Communication plays a vital role in organizations. It includes communication with clients, managers, sellers, etc.by e-mail, fax, conferences. For instance, for introducing a new working style in the organization one should have good communication skills where every person within a workforce will get a better understanding without any conflicts and this can be achieved by communication skills training where you will be virtuoso in soft skills.
Over the decade, technology has marked transformation in communication all over the world where we can communicate to anyone residing in any part of the world. It has led to increasing the virtual communication in offices around the world so communication skill straining succor employees of an organization to handle technological communication. With growing digital marketing, marketing communication is as necessary as IT.
Types of communication skills:
It is an interpersonal skill that makes a speaker understandable. It encompasses –
1. Verbal – it is a pathway of communication through speaking or sign language. It is a one to one conversation which requires an individual to be both a good listener and a speaker. It includes phone calls, video conferences, etc.
- Be clear while delivering information
- Refrain from using colloquial language
2. Non – verbal – it includes body language, gestures, expressions. It exhibits the personality. For instance, nodding head in affirmative answer.
3. Written communication – It is a way of conveying your message in writing. It is often used in books, pamphlets, letters, blogs, e-mails, etc. It plays an important role in every profession. E-mails and chats are the most common.
4. Telephonic communication
- Having good listening as well as communicating skills over the telephone exhibit the company’s priority to customers.
- Enhance customer satisfaction
5. Technological communication
- Technological advancement has made companies dependent and employees have to master the skills of technology.
- Communication through e-mails, social media posts/advertising is a righteous way to show the status of the company.
6. E-mail skills:
- Be clear and concise with your message
- Usage of formal language
- To the point subject
Why communication skills training are important?
• Builds stronger relationship: Good communication always gives a smother path of doing things. Thus, it helps in maintaining joint efforts with colleagues.
- It opens the door for leadership by keeping in mind everyone suggestion in preparing plans and policies which helps in better achievement of goals
• Active listening and speaking: try to be a voracious listener as a good listener shows a positive attitude and a sense of cooperation. By listening it will diverse your thinking ability and it aids in building own perspective.
It increases progressive learning by getting the best information out of meetings and it helps in building knowledge and this can only be achieved by effective listening and speaking.
- Carefully choose your words as it will have a long impact on your image as well as the company’s image
For instance- when you’re discussing a topic with your colleagues and while presenting at a conference.
- It brings out a conscious decision
- Evade from making judgments about the speaker
- While speaking your voice should be voluble.
- Don’t try to conclude by judging their physical appearance like gender, social class, etc.
• Being meticulous – Being precise about what to communicate helps in evading misinterpretations and hence time effective.
- Avoid banal speech
For instance, people listen to those who are perspicuous in their words and come to the point quickly.
- Avoid specious arguments
• Language and tone – Communication skills training make a difference in language about how to effectively use professionalism and the tone should be cordial.
- An affable tone always has a trump card over others as people are always attracted to them.
- It facilitates them to understand the emotions of others.
• Welcome suggestions – Never disagree with other’s points of view aggressively. Always try to be in his shoes and respect what he opines.
- Respecting others is a core concept of communication. It thrives to achieve a sense of belongingness.
• Confidence building – it means having faith in oneself.
- It helps to overcome the nervousness.
- Through communication skills training, they will be more confident in handling situations, roles, and tasks.
For example, low confidence people will likely resist new changes in the environment whereas confident people will likely adopt new changes quickly.
- It will build a positive attitude and an organization always wants employees who have a positive attitude
• The relation between employee and client: Healthy communication in the workplace always helps in having fruitful relations between employees and clients. It further increases the company’s status quo in society.
• Conflict management – good communication while resolving conflicts is as necessary as having tea in headache.
- It can only be built by training as it teaches various methods to handle situations.
- This training not only ensures technical growth but also strengthens emotional growth.
- Emotional intelligence is a part of training where understanding one’s own as well as other’s feelings.
- Problem- solving approach – a good decision maker always has an advantage over others. They can make wise decisions by understanding everyone’s point of view.
• Strategic leader: It can be mastered by communication training where the manager influences others to have the same strategic vision.
- Be decisive and express your views confidently.
- It enhances professionalism
• Enhances satisfaction – A smooth communication between various channels of an organization helps to know about the problems at lower levels and thus increase satisfaction.
Different people from different backgrounds and experiences can only be together through communication. It draws a line between assumption and humility. It provides a pitch to the career growth. Good communication skills will land you in your dream job.Communication skillstraining is important at every stage if they know how to handle situations it will directly increase the company’s reputation. It is important to human society for a quality life. In a relationship, it acts as either a saviour or a Satan. It makes the workplace more optimistic and flourishing.