Sri Lanka is a developing economy with a presidential electoral government. The beaches, hill country, and archaeological sites of Sri Lanka draw people from all over the world. A Sri Lanka visa is an approval on a passport or similar document that allows non-Sri Lankans to enter the country legally and to restrict the length of their stay and the rules that govern it. Visitors to Sri Lanka for tourism must get an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) prior to their arrival.
Let’s have more in-depth knowledge of basic requirements for a Sri Lankan visa online.
How To Get A Visa For Sri Lanka?
Thinking of traveling Sri Lanka? Well enough! Let me tell you the basic terms and conditions you need to follow if you want to get a Sri Lanka visa.
What Visa an ETA Visa?
If you want to travel to Sri Lanka, then you must obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). Travelers may get an ETA on arrival in Sri Lanka or online. After showing the ETA and passport to a Sri Lankan immigration officer, holders of an ETA can receive a visa on arrival in Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka Visa Requirements (ETA):
If you are looking to get an ETA visa for Sri Lanka, then you must fulfill the requirements below:
Requirements Pertaining To Visitors:
- Only travelers who meet the following qualifications can travel to Sri Lanka with the help of an online-applied Sri Lanka visa (ETA):
- The traveler is of British nationality (a British citizen) or of one of these countries’ nationalities.
- The traveler isn’t a reporter or a politician.
- The traveler is not affiliated with or employed by an NGO
- Professional media projects are not made by the traveler
Requirements Regarding The Excursion:
The online visa can only be used for travels that match the following Sri Lanka visa requirements:
- The maximum length of stay in Sri Lanka is 30 days, or 90 days if an extension is granted.
- The travel is either for pleasure or for business
- The traveler does not volunteer with an organization based in Sri Lanka.
- There will be no paid or unpaid volunteer work done throughout the trip.
- During the trip, no political rallies are attended.
- During the trip, no journalism events are attended.
Eta Applications Requirements:
Before filing an application for a visa to Sri Lanka, you must meet the following requirements:
- Each traveler, including children under the age of 18, must have their own passport.
- From the time of arrival in Sri Lanka, the passport must be valid for at least six months more.
- To apply for a Sri Lanka visa, you do not need to have purchased a plane ticket.
- It is not required that you have a place to stay in Sri Lanka.
- If you’re applying for a visa on behalf of someone else, you’ll need their passport information as well as their (oral) approval.
- If you’re traveling with minors and not all of their parents, you’ll need to bring a signed permission slip signed by all of them.
Validity of Sri Lanka Visa:
The Sri Lanka visa has a usual validity length of 30 days. This time period begins when the passenger reports to the passport check after arriving in Sri Lanka. When applying for a visa, you will be asked about your planned arrival date. The tourist has a maximum of 90 days to arrive in Sri Lanka before or after this date. If the actual date of arrival differs by more than 90 days from the date of arrival provided on the application form, the visa may be canceled.
Extending The Validity:
All travelers who seek an extension with good faith will be allowed one for a maximum stay of 90 days. Regardless, it is impossible to predict whether or not an extension will be granted. When applying for an extension, you will be required for information such as the accommodation’s address and phone number, a completed extension form (available at the Immigration Services Center in Colombo), and a physical passport photo of the traveler.
An extension can be arranged after arrival if the visitor intends to stay in Sri Lanka for more than 30 days. The validity of a Sri Lankan visa can be extended for up to 90 days.
Apply At Least 90 Days Ahead of Time!
Sri Lanka’s Department of Immigration and Emigration only considers applications from travelers who arrive in the country within 90 days after submitting them. The application is processed normally 90 days prior to arrival. Applicants do not need to be concerned about this because it occurs automatically.
Wrapping It Up:
Sri Lanka is famous for its historical monuments, beaches, and culture. Every single year a large number of tourists show their interest to visit Srilanka by getting a Sri Lanka visa. So, if you are also one of them, try applying for Sri Lanka visa by keeping in view of all the requirements needed for this process.
I wish you all a safe journey!