It cannot be denied that a variety of factors lead to poor performance among employees, resulting in poor outputs or deliverables. Some pass the allotted time in and time out and just come in whenever they want. Others submit requirements for compliance’s sake. It could be that they are tired of the prevailing culture, or they have internal turmoil.
Poor performance or outputs can be deleterious to the company’s reputation and overall revenue. If not attended to, it could even lead to a total shutdown. Therefore, the executive must be aware of these concerns and devise strategies to address them.
Fortunately, in this day of age, increasing efficiency and productivity in the workplace can be done via innovative tools. One of which is with the use of test management software. It is now a recognized approach in bringing a participative and impassioned team together towards a collective goal.
Understanding Test Management Software
Test Management Software can collect and store information as to how proponents should correctly implement testing and devise testing initiatives. It can also be used to provide status updates relative to activities conducted for boosting quality assurance. There are different tools you can use, and each has unique strategies for testing; therefore, it offers a diverse set of standards.
In typical cases, these tools are streamlined for performing and sustaining a manual test while collecting execution information from tests conducted automatically. Likewise, they are used to effectively manage tests in various situations while generating data about diagnosed issues.
Because test management software has the ability to streamline the testing methodologies, it also provides you easy visibility of data analytics. At the same time, it makes it easier for you to access teamwork tools and to hold communication among your working proponents in various setups and locations.
Some test management software also integrates requirements management capacities to align test case design from the given requirements. To diagnose possible problems that needs immediate fixing as well as project tasks, a single application is used. That also makes the entire testing process so much easier.
Take note. Even a little error in recording in the captured requirements, test execution reports, and designed test cases can bring down an entire project. That is why it is imperative to ensure that properly consolidate and manage all these details via test management software. Here are some of the best software or tools you can use to do just that.
Commonly Used Test Management Software
As the leading test management software, Zephyr can provide an end-to-end solution for agile teams in varying cases. It ensures the easy provision of insights that you need to generate better software in a more flexible and visible platform. It does so with efficiency and speed.
Among its coveted features are:
- Bamboo, Confluence, Jenkins, One-Click Integration with JIRA
- Data Deployment Options, Server, and Cloud
- DevOps Dashboards and Advanced Analytics
- No Need for an Annual Commitment
PractiTest also provides end-to-end solutions to various situations, including software testing training. Aside from giving a joint meetup for all QA proponents, it can integrate complete visibility into the testing procedure. Therefore, it provides data and information based on a deeper and broader assessment of testing results.
Among its standard features are:
- A comprehensive option of third-party integrations that come in handy with bug trackers, robust API, and automated tools.
- A variety of option for customizations to meet the ever-evolving needs of QA teams
- Ability to reuse tests and align results across various releases and products
- Easy access to its hierarchical filter trees which also allows you to organize every component
- No need to work twice-with permutations, call to test, anti-bug duplicates, and step parameters
- Offers an advanced dashboard and reports for better data visualization
- Immensely customer-friendly and efficient support system
Xray is the leading Manual and Automated Test Management App for QA with its fully-integrated internal tool. It also blends seamlessly with Jira. Xray’s pursuit is to provide effective and efficient testing for companies to boost the quality of their products or services.
Its features include:
- Traceability between defects, tests, executions, and requirements
- Associate to tests after defining reusable preconditions
- Incorporates tests in test sets and folders
- Provides test plants to track improvements
- Testing environments
- Comes with BDD – Write Cucumber scenarios in Jira
- Applies in test automation frameworks (Robot, Junit, Nunit, Selenium,etc.)
- With built-in REST API
- CI Integrations (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Fully-integrated reports
TestRail helps you generate timely insights into testing activity and efficiently organize testing activities by providing a comprehensive test scenario management to serve as baselines. By offering proven reports and testing metrics, it boosts the productivity of the QA teams and allows them to provide immediate feedback.
Among its features are:
- Quick and easy tracking of individual tests’ progress
- Offers detailed dashboards and activity reports to monitor improvements
- Provide comparative results in various test scenarios including milestones and configurations
- Allows the adjustment of assignments and resources when assessing team workload
- Easy customization with on-premise installation choices that are also cloud-based
- Can easily integrate with defect diagnosis and teamwork solutions like TFS, Axosoft, Bugzilla, GitHub, Atlassian Jira, and FogBugz.
- Features popular test automation tools such as Ronorex Studio
ReQtest ranks among the top ALM tools with testing management features that are cloud-based, and that provides support to the testing team towards hurdling across testing difficulties and ensuring testing priorities. It boasts of a fully-integrated test module that can help you plan and implement tests quickly and efficiently. It can also integrate with JIRA to boost testing results.
Here are some of its coveted features:
- Has a fully-integrated test suite to plan, implement, and monitor test results
- Allows you to generate better test scenarios with its customized and pre-filled forms
- Provides immediate bug reports
- Offers built-in charts and diagrams for intensive reporting
- Improves productivity by providing real-time insights
- Aligns requirements to testing cases, testing cases to testing runs, and bugs to testing runs
If you’re after a simpler and a more open type of test management software that favors pragmatism over process, check out Testpad. It utilizes checklist-inspired test plans that can adjust when formality demands rather than managing scenarios one by one. It is also flexible and can work simultaneously with a variety of approaches such as traditional TCM, manual type of Agile, exploratory testing, and syntax highlighted BDD.
Among the popular features of Testpad are:
- Integrates new tests during the process as you generate more ideas
- Easy and flexible integration with JIRA and other issue trackers
- Easy drag and drop features for organizing test plans
- Invites guest testers by emails who don’t need accounts
Hiptest has more than 25 000 users in over 140 countries, making it one of the most popular options. It works more efficiently and effectively for Agile and DevOps proponents, allowing them to work on an idea, continuously assess codes, and create timely documentations from real-time insights.
Its features include:
- Capacity to automate tests with a variety of fully-supported frameworks such as Selenium, Java/Unit, Specflow, and Cucumber
- Offers a native BDD support to streamline proponents with living product documentation and workflows
- For efficient test creations, provides reusable steps, scenario editors, and east test refactoring
- Has a highly-responsive customer support system with a dedicated staff for free
- Integrates properly with various tools such as Shippable, Bamboo, TravisCI, and Jenkins
If you’re after a software the delivers an entire project in an Atlassion suite, check out Deviniti, which also boasts of test management and requirements for JIRA. Deviniti allows you to collect requirements, monitor track executions, report issues inside JIRA, and develop test cases. An integrated UI also enables you to easily customize the appearance or view without the necessity for extensive capacity-building.
Among its features and benefits are:
- Test case execution reports, traceability matrix, and test coverage
- Test plans that you can reuse for other scenarios
- Three-step configuration process
- Agile boards support, JQL search plus workflow
- Easily adjustable tree-structured view for every module
- Streamlines process from the collection of requirements to the diagnosis of issues
- Coherent relations between all app’s objects including regular JIRA defects
TestMonitor applies to any organization, and it provides an end-to-end management system. Unlike most other software for test case management, it provides a simplified and flexible testing methodology. That means it can work well in various scenarios, even if you are just developing a quality app or trying to implement enterprise software. It also applies to situations wherein; you need a QA or support to help you get started with a testing endeavor.
Among its features are:
- Has requirements with integrated risk-based testing
- Offers an advanced test case design that can support thousands of cases
- Provides multi-tester runs and milestone cloning to ensure robust planning
- Can deliver comprehensive tracking results as well as filtered and visualized options for smart reporting
- Ability to integrate and function appropriately with third-party setups such as JIRA, Slack, and DevOps
- Quality customer experience with its quality support system
Qase is one of the latest cloud-management tools purposely aimed for QA and development proponents. It boasts of a simple and intuitive user interface with unlimited free options for various projects, including test runs and test cases. It also has an intensive and premium support system for all users.
- Provides a hierarchical tree setup for organizing tests cases and suites
- Improves test process via a smart wizard for a test run
- Generate a test plan and delegate test cases to other team proponents
- Ability to integrate GitHub, Slack, Youtrack, Redmine, and Jira
- Access to test cases via custom fields
- Provision of UI theming including Night Theme
So, there you have the standard test management software to use to boost efficiency and productivity in your workplace.